Volatility in bond and equity markets is back down to levels that would have been familiar to investors back in 2007. Bond and share prices have all moved relentlessly higher, often into uncharted territory.
The only things that have changed for the worse are economic fundamentals.
Growth across developed economies remains subdued and though forecasters are hopeful next year turns out better than this one, that’s still a long way short of the unshakeable optimism most observers felt in the year or two before the financial crisis.
Economic gloom might support high sovereign debt prices, but it’s not so good for equities and corporate bonds. And yes it’s true that a greater share of GDP is accruing to companies than to workers, which at first light is supportive of both corporate debt and share prices. But ultimately the less money people earn the less there is to be recycled into demand, which is bad for firms generally.
Top Stocks For 2014 Under $10: Tuesday Morning Corp.(TUES)
Tuesday Morning Corporation engages in the retail sale of decorative home accessories, housewares, and gifts in the United States. The company?s merchandise primarily consists of lamps, rugs, furniture, kitchen accessories, small electronics, gourmet housewares, linens, luggage, bedroom and bathroom accessories, toys, stationary, and silk plants, as well as crystal, collectibles, and silver serving pieces. It also offers apparel and accessories. In addition, the company provides brand name merchandise, including cookware, appliances, linens, bath towels, luggage, flatware, tabletop, crystal, collectibles, dolls, china and giftware, and rugs. As of September 21, 2011, it operated 861 discount retail stores in 43 states. The company was founded in 1974 and is headquartered in Dallas, Texas.
- [By John Udovich]Its worth taking a muchÂ closer look at small Cap specialty retail stock Tuesday Morning Corporation (NASDAQ: TUES) verses the performance of potential retail ETF peers like the SPDR S&P Retail ETF (NYSEARCA: XRT), Market Vectors Retail ETF (NYSEARCA: RTH) and Direxion Daily Retail Bull 3X Shares (NYSEARCA: RETL). In case you are not familiar with the stock, an activist shareholder (who became the Chairman of the Board) complained about the companyâ€™s performance (or ratherÂ a wider net loss thatÂ TUES had reported) back in 2012 and thisÂ lead to the firing of CEO Kathleen Mason who then turned around and filed a discrimination claim claiming she was fired after 12 years in the role after she disclosed that she was being treated for breast cancer. Late in 2012, Tuesday Morning Corporation also firedÂ its chief merchandise officer after only five months on the job and then hired a new CEO.
- [By Seth Jayson]Calling all cash flows
When you are trying to buy the market’s best stocks, it’s worth checking up on your companies’ free cash flow once a quarter or so, to see whether it bears any relationship to the net income in the headlines. That’s what we do with this series. Today, we’re checking in on Tuesday Morning (Nasdaq: TUES ) , whose recent revenue and earnings are plotted below.
Top Stocks For 2014 Under $10: Capella Education Company(CPLA)
Capella Education Company operates as an online postsecondary education services company in the United States and internationally. The company, trough its Capella University, offers various doctoral, master?s, and bachelor?s programs primarily for working adults in public service leadership, behavioral health and human services, business management and technology, and education markets; and online distance learning services for degree-entry programs and doctoral level programs in various disciplines, including business, management, psychology, law, and computing disciplines. It also provides learner support services, such as academic services comprising new learner orientation, technical support, academic advising, research services, online tutoring, and writing services; and administrative services through the telephone and Internet. In addition, the company?s learner support services include library services, such as access to collection of online journals, eBooks, an d interlibrary loan services; and career center services comprising career counseling, job search advising, and career management support services to learners and alumni. As of December 31, 2011, the company offered approximately 1,450 online courses and 43 academic programs with 140 specializations to approximately 37,000 learners. Capella Education Company was founded in 1991 and is headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
- [By Jeremy Bowman]So what: ITT Educational Services (NYSE: ESI ) reported earnings earlier this morning, shooting up 30%, and earlier this week,Â Capella Education (NASDAQ: CPLA ) jumped 15% after reporting, and is now approaching a new 52-week high. The education sector has gotten hammered over the last couple of years, but investors seem to be getting the feeling that enrollment numbers are bottoming. One exception was DeVry (NYSE: DV ) , which fell sharply after reporting earnings earlier this week, but still managed to gain 5.8% today.
- [By Seth Jayson]Calling all cash flows
When you are trying to buy the market’s best stocks, it’s worth checking up on your companies’ free cash flow once a quarter or so, to see whether it bears any relationship to the net income in the headlines. That’s what we do with this series. Today, we’re checking in on Capella Education (Nasdaq: CPLA ) , whose recent revenue and earnings are plotted below.
Top Stocks For 2014 Under $10: Cliffs Natural Resources Inc.(CLF)
Cliffs Natural Resources Inc., a mining and natural resources company, produces iron ore pellets, lump and fines iron ore, and metallurgical coal products. The company operates six iron ore mines in Michigan, Minnesota, and eastern Canada; two iron ore mining complexes in Western Australia; five metallurgical coal mines located in West Virginia and Alabama; and one thermal coal mine located in West Virginia. It also owns a 45% economic interest in a coking and thermal coal mine located in Queensland, Australia; and a 30% interest in Amapa, a Brazilian iron ore project in Latin America, as well as chromite properties in Ontario, Canada. The company, formerly known as Cleveland-Cliffs Inc, was founded in 1847 and is headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio.
- [By John Divine]Lastly, shares of Cliffs Natural Resources (NYSE: CLF ) shed 2.4% today. Iron ore and coal producers like Cliffs Natural often, by their very focus, derive a substantial portion of their revenue from steel producers, who use the aforementioned materials to forge steel. Unfortunately, if these materials companies aren’t sufficiently diversified, they can essentially morph into proxy investments in the steel industry, and Cliffs investors got a painful reminder of that last week. Shares slumped nearly 5% last Tuesday when reports surfaced that Asian lenders were starting to loan less money to real estate projects in an effort to discourage over-speculation, sending steel prices lower and hitting Cliffs shareholders in the process.
- [By Ben Levisohn]The Dow Jones Industrial Average was dragged down by Coca-Cola (KO), which fell 4.5% to $37.18 this week after its fourth-quarter earnings report lacked fizz, and Wal-Mart (WMT), which dropped 3.5% after it offered below-consensus guidance and said it would pursue a small-store strategy. The S&P 500′s big losers included US Steel (X), which plunged 8.2% after the US decided that South Korea hadn’t sold steel pipes below cost, Waste Management (WM), which fell 6.1% to $40.99 after lower-than-forecast guidance caused investors to dump its share like garbage, and Cliffs Natural Resources (CLF), which dropped 5.1% to $21.97 as analysts debated whether the iron miner had done enough to turn itself around.
Top Stocks For 2014 Under $10: Teradata Corporation(TDC)
Teradata Corporation provides analytic data solutions worldwide. The company offers various data warehousing solutions that comprise software, hardware, and related business consulting and support services. Its solutions integrate an organization?s departmental and enterprise-wide data about customers, financials, operations, and others into a single enterprise-wide data warehouse. The company also provides various software and hardware products, including Teradata Analytic Database Software, which delivers near real-time intelligence; Teradata Platform Family for the hardware component; Teradata Logical Data Models that are blueprints for designing an integrated data warehouse; Teradata Aster MapReduce Platform, a platform for analyzing new multi-structured data sources and data types; and Teradata Integrated Analytics to convert traditional data warehouse into an analytic services environment. In addition, it offers Teradata Analytic Applications and Tools comprising da ta mining, master data management, integrated marketing management, enterprise risk management, finance and performance management, demand and supply chain management, and profitability analytics to solve business problems. Further, the company provides consulting services, such as data warehousing business impact modeling, design, architecture, installation, implementation, and optimization consulting services, as well as enterprise analytics consulting, data management, and managed services; customer support services; and training services. It serves various companies in banking/financial services, media and entertainment, government, insurance and healthcare, manufacturing, retail, telecommunications, transportation, and travel industries. The company has strategic partnerships with Accenture, Capgemini, Cognizant, Computer Sciences Corporation, Deloitte, IBM Global Business Services, and Wipro Limited. Teradata Corporation was founded in 1979 and is headquartered in Dayt on, Ohio.
- [By Sue Chang and Ben Eisen]Teradata Corp. (TDC) Â shares slid 2.4%. Analysts at Mizuho earlier this week lowered the stockâ€™s price target to $48 from $52 due to continued pressure from large deals and weaker cost competitiveness.
- [By Ben Levisohn]Yes, there are still more than two hours left in the day, but it’s New Year’s Eve and unless something crazy happens these five stocks look to be the worst of the worst in the S&P 500 in 2013. So let’s raise a big hand for Newmont Mining (NEM), Cliff’s Natural Resources (CLF) Edwards Lifesciences (EW), Peabody Energy (BTU) and Teradata (TDC).
Top Stocks For 2014 Under $10: Altair Nanotechnologies Inc.(ALTI)
Altair Nanotechnologies Inc. develops, manufactures, and sells nano-structured lithium titanate spinel, battery cells, battery packs, and multi-megawatt battery systems, as well as provides related design, installation, and test services in the United States and internationally. The company also provides contract research services to develop intellectual property and/or new products and technology. It markets its energy storage solutions to power companies and electric grid operators; and batteries to electric and hybrid-electric bus manufacturers, and other industrial markets. The company was formerly known as Altair International Inc. and changed its name to Altair Nanotechnologies Inc. in July 2002. Altair Nanotechnologies Inc. was founded in 1973 and is headquartered in Reno, Nevada. Altair Nanotechnologies, Inc. operates as a subsidiary of Canon Investment Holdings Limited.
- [By Bryan Murphy]Anybody who was lucky enough to be in an Altair Nanotechnologies Inc. (NASDAQ:ALTI) position anytime before October 11th, then congratulations – you’re now up anywhere between 38% and 157%, depending on when you stepped in. Now get out. Instead, use that capital to step into an Amarin Corporation plc (NASDAQ:AMRN) position, which took a 20% hit on Friday. The rally from ALTI looks like it’s ready to unravel, while the implosion from AMRN looks ripe for a reversal too.
Top Stocks For 2014 Under $10: ICU Medical Inc.(ICUI)
ICU Medical, Inc. engages in the development, manufacture, and sale of medical technologies used in infusion therapy, oncology, and critical care applications. The company?s product line includes custom infusion systems, closed delivery systems for hazardous drugs, needleless infusion connectors, catheters, and cardiac monitoring systems. Its products enhance patient outcomes by preventing bloodstream infections, protecting healthcare workers and patients from exposure to infectious diseases or hazardous drugs, and monitoring the cardiac output of critical care patients. The company offers intravenous (I.V.) therapy lines consisting of a tube running from a bottle or plastic bag containing an I.V. solution to a catheter inserted in a patient?s vein for use in hospitals and ambulatory clinics; CLAVE product, a needleless I.V. connection device, which would be used with conventional peripheral or central vascular access systems for venous and arterial applications; custom infusion sets. It also provides critical care products that monitor vital signs and specific physiological functions of key organ systems, including disposable pressure-sensing devices, blood sampling systems, angiography kits, sensory catheters, pulmonary artery thermodilution catheters, and multi-lumen central venous catheters. In addition, the company provides TEGO for use in dialysis; a line of oncology products, including Spiros male luer connector device; the Genie vial access device; and custom I.V sets and ancillary products for chemotherapy. ICU Medical, Inc. sells its products to medical product manufacturers and independent medical supply distributors, as well as directly to the end customers worldwide. The company was founded in 1984 and is headquartered in San Clemente, California.
- [By Sean Williams]What: Shares of ICU Medical (NASDAQ: ICUI ) Â — a medical device maker in the fields of infusion therapy, oncology, and critical care — soared as much as 17% on a report that the company could be exploring a sale.
- [By Seth Jayson]ICU Medical (Nasdaq: ICUI ) is expected to report Q2 earnings around July 16. Here’s what Wall Street wants to see:
The 10-second takeaway
Comparing the upcoming quarter to the prior-year quarter, average analyst estimates predict ICU Medical’s revenues will increase 8.0% and EPS will expand 4.8%.
- [By CRWE]ICU Medical, Inc. (Nasdaq:ICUI), a leader in the development, manufacture and sale of innovative medical devices used in infusion therapy, oncology and critical care applications, reported that Company management will be presenting at the UBS Global Life Sciences Conference to be held on September 19-20, 2012, at the Grand Hyatt Hotel, New York.
Top Stocks For 2014 Under $10: Nestle SA (NESN)
Nestle SA is a Swiss Company engaged in the nutrition, health and wellness sectors. It is the holding company of the Nestle Group, which comprises subsidiaries, associated companies and joint ventures throughout the world. It has such business units as Food and Beverage, Nestle Waters and Nestle Nutrition. It is also active in the pharmaceutical sector. It divides its products into Powdered and liquid beverages, Water, Milk products and Ice cream, Nutrition, Prepared dishes and cooking aids, Confectionery, PetCare and Pharmaceutical products. In February 2011, the Company acquired CM&D Pharma Ltd. Advisors’ Opinion:
- [By Celeste Perri]Nestle SA (NESN) is selling Givaudan (GIVN) SA shares worth $1.27 billion at yesterdayâ€™s closing price to institutional investors, winding down its stake in the worldâ€™s largest flavorings maker.
- [By Chad Fraser]These are the first significant moves made by the Caira, a former executive at Nestle SA (NYSE: NESN) who helped expand that company’s hot and cold beverage division.
- [By Corinne Gretler]Swiss stocks fell for a second day, their first back-to-back losses this month, as Nestle (NESN) SA retreated after reporting slower growth in sales.
Top Stocks For 2014 Under $10: Six Flags Entertainment Corporation New(SIX)
Six Flags Entertainment Corporation owns and operates regional theme, water, and zoological parks. The company?s parks offers various selection of state-of-the-art and traditional thrill rides, water attractions, themed areas, concerts and shows, restaurants, game venues, and retail outlets. It owns and operates 19 parks, including 17 parks in the United States; 1 park in Mexico City, Mexico; and 1 park in Montreal, Canada. The company was formerly known as Six Flags, Inc. and changed its name to Six Flags Entertainment Corporation in April 2010. Six Flags Entertainment Corporation was founded in 1971 and is based in Grand Prairie, Texas.
- [By John Kell]Six Flags Entertainment Corp.(SIX) said its fourth-quarter revenue rose more than expected on higher admissions and an increase in in-park spending, sponsorships and accommodations. Shares edged up 3.3% to $39.50 premarket.
- [By James E. Brumley]Are you and/or your kids a little bit bored with the theme parks being run by The Walt Disney Company (NYSE:DIS) or Six Flags Entertainment Corp. (NYSE:SIX)? As it turns out, you’re not alone. While Six Flags Entertainment may be the king of the roller coaster wars (in quantity, with some good quality in the mix too) and Disney Land and Disney World are of course two of the most-polished and charming amusement parks in the world, in a world that’s increasingly digital and a culture that’s increasingly loves being spooked and mystified, DIS and SIX may be missing the proverbial boat. It’s an up-and-coming theme park like the one(s) being designed by Independent Film Development Corporation (OTCMKTS:IFLM) – aka IndyFilmCorp – that’s poised to hit the new consumer nail on the head.
- [By Bryan Murphy]It’s been a while since investors have heard anything from Independent Film Development Corporation (OTCMKTS:IFLM), but like many of the horror films the company is now aiming to recreate in theme park form, the market can expect news and announcements from IFLM when it least expects it. And, though this morning’s news from IndyFilmCorp wasn’t exactly earth-shattering, it does push the organization one step closer to taking on – and even beating – the likes of The Walt Disney Company (NYSE:DIS) and Six Flags Entertainment Corp. (NYSE:SIX) at their own game… theme parks.
Top Stocks For 2014 Under $10: C&F Financial Corporation(CFFI)
C&F Financial Corporation operates as the holding company for Citizens and Farmers Bank that provides various banking and related financial services to individuals and businesses. It operates through three segments: Retail Banking, Mortgage Banking, and Consumer Finance. The Retail Banking segment offers various types of checking and savings deposit accounts; business, real estate, development, mortgage, home equity, and installment loans; and ATMs, Internet banking, and credit cards, as well as travelers? checks, safe deposit box rentals, collection, notary public, wire service, and other customary bank services. This segment provides retail banking services at its main office in West Point, Virginia; and 17 branches in Chester, Hampton, Mechanicsville, Midlothian, Newport News, Norge, Providence Forge, Quinton, Saluda, Sandston, Varina, West Point, Yorktown, Williamsburg, and Richmond, Virginia. The Mortgage Banking segment originates conventional mortgage loans, mortga ge loans insured by the Federal Housing Administration, mortgage loans partially guaranteed by the Veterans Administration, and home equity loans. This segment provides mortgage loan origination services through 15 locations in Virginia, 4 in Maryland, and 2 in North Carolina, as well as 1 each in Wilmington, Delaware; Moorestown, New Jersey; and York, Pennsylvania. The Consumer Finance segment provides automobile loans in Virginia and in portions of Alabama, Indiana, Kentucky, Maryland, North Carolina, Ohio, Tennessee, Georgia, and West Virginia through offices in Richmond and Hampton, Virginia; Nashville, Tennessee; and Towson, Maryland. The company also offers brokerage services, and insurance and title insurance services. C&F Financial Corporation was founded in 1927 and is based in West Point, Virginia.
- [By Doug Hughes]An example of that would be C&F Financial (CFFI) in Westport, Virginia. The CEO, Larry Dillon, has been there for 35 years, plus, the bank is trading at a p/e of 6 or 7, if you can believe it. It’s only $2 over book value.
Top Stocks For 2014 Under $10: SINOPEC Shangai Petrochemical Company Ltd.(SHI)
Sinopec Shanghai Petrochemical Company Limited engages in the production of polypropylene compound products, polypropylene products, acrylic fiber products, petrochemical products, synthetic fibers, resins and plastics, and petroleum products in China and internationally. It also involves in the import and export of petrochemical products and equipment. The company was founded in 1972 and is based in Shanghai, the People’s Republic of China. Sinopec Shanghai Petrochemical Company Limited is a subsidiary of China Petroleum & Chemical Corporation.
- [By GURUFOCUS]In August, Apache (APA) announced that it agreed to sell a 33% stake in its Egyptian oil and gas business to Sinopec (SHI) for $3.1 billion. This price equated to $34 per barrel of proved reserves, or a significant premium to the valuation of Apache common of about $15 per barrel prior to the announcement of the transaction. Given the recent political turmoil in Egypt, we were pleasantly surprised at the higher
- [By Tyler Crowe and Aimee Duffy]After selling about $10.8 billion in assets throughout 2012, it looks as though Chesapeake Energy (NYSE: CHK ) is on track for more big sales in 2013. The company just announced this week that it plans to sell 98,000 acres in the Utica shale region of Ohio. Once the sale is completed, it will be the third large influx of capital this year, after the company inked $3.2 billion in joint ventures with Sinopec (NYSE: SHI ) and Total (NYSE: TOT ) this year.Â
Top Stocks For 2014 Under $10: Texas Instruments Incorporated(TXN)
Texas Instruments Incorporated engages in the design and sale of semiconductors to electronics designers and manufacturers worldwide. The company?s Analog segment offers high-performance analog products comprising standard analog semiconductors, such as amplifiers, data converters, and interface semiconductors; high-volume analog and logic products; and power management semiconductors and line-powered systems. Its Embedded Processing segment includes DSPs that perform mathematical computations to process and enhance digital data; and microcontrollers, which are designed to control a set of specific tasks for electronic equipment. The company?s Wireless segment designs, manufactures, and sells application processors and connectivity products. Its Other segment offers smaller semiconductor products, which include DLP products that are primarily used in projectors to create high-definition images; and application-specific integrated circuits. This segment also provides handhe ld graphing and scientific calculators, as well as licenses technologies to other electronic companies. The company serves the communications, computing, industrial, consumer electronics, automotive, and education sectors. Texas Instruments Incorporated sells its products through a direct sales force, distributors, and third-party sales representatives. It has collaboration agreements with PLX Technology Inc.; Neonode, Inc.; and Ubiquisys Ltd. The company was founded in 1938 and is headquartered in Dallas, Texas.
- [By Victor Selva]Several tech vendors like Intel (INTC), IBM (IBM), Texas Instruments (TXN) and Hewlett-Packard (HPQ) have announced job cuts for 2014. These reductions will take effect in the near future while management will continue to explore additional opportunities to improve profitability.Â
- [By Paul Ausick]Texas Instruments Inc. (NASDAQ: TXN) saw short interest fall by 2.1% to 22.85 million shares, or 2.1% of the float. TI reported earnings last week, pulling the shares back from a 52-week high and cooling, for the moment at least, any added interest from short sellers.
Top Stocks For 2014 Under $10: PDF Solutions Inc.(PDFS)
PDF Solutions, Inc. provides infrastructure technologies and services for the design and manufacture of integrated circuits (IC) in Asia, the United States, and Europe. It offers manufacturing process solutions that include process research and development, and process integration and yield ramp; volume manufacturing solutions; and design-for-manufacturability (DFM) solutions, such as logic DFM, circuit level DFM, memory DFM, and pdBRIX Physical IP solutions. The company also offers characterization vehicle (CV) infrastructure, which includes CV test chips, pdCV analysis software, and pdFasTest electrical wafer test system; Yield Ramp Simulator software that analyzes an IC design to compute its systematic and random yield loss; and Circuit Surfer software, which estimates the parametric performance yield and manufacturability of analog/mixed-signal/RF blocks. In addition, it provides pdBRIX platform, which includes software for identifying and developing a set of physical IP building blocks that are tailored to a given manufacturing process and target product application; dataPOWER YMS platform that collects yield data, loads, and stores it in an integrated database and allows product engineers to identify and analyze production yield issues; FDC software, which provides fault detection and classification capabilities to identify sources of process variations and manufacturing excursions by monitoring equipment parameters; and YA-FDC service and software platform that allows online modeling to create real-time virtual measurements of final product attributes during processing. PDF Solutions sells its technologies and services through direct sales force, sales representatives, and strategic alliances to integrated device manufacturers, fabless semiconductor design companies, and foundries in the microprocessors, memory, graphics, image sensor solutions, and communications segments. The company was founded in 1992 and is headquartered in San Jo se, California.
- [By Roberto Pedone]PDF Solutions (PDFS) provides infrastructure technologies and services to improve yield and optimize performance of integrated circuits. This stock closed up 2.6% at $21.51 in Friday’s trading session.
Friday’s Volume: 543,000
Three-Month Average Volume: 112,159
Volume % Change: 393%
From a technical perspective, PDFS trended up here right above some near-term support at $20.50 and into new 52-week-high territory with above-average volume. This stock has been uptrending strong for the last three months, with shares moving higher from its low of $14.95 to its intraday high on Friday of $21.64. During that move, shares of PDFS have been consistently making mostly higher lows and higher highs, which is bullish technical price action. That move has also been accompanies by heavy upside volume flows since mid-July.
Traders should now look for long-biased trades in PDFS as long as it’s trending above some near-term support at $20.50 or above its 50-day at $19.06 and then once it sustains a move or close above Friday’s high of $21.64 with volume that’s near or above 112,159 shares. If we get that move soon, then PDFS will set up to enter new 52-week-high territory, which is bullish technical price action. Some possible upside targets off that breakout are $25 to $28.
Top Stocks For 2014 Under $10: CyberOptics Corporation (CYBE)
CyberOptics Corporation supplies optical process control sensors and inspection systems to control the manufacturing process and ensure the quality of electronic circuit boards worldwide. The company also manufactures and sells sensors that assist with yield enhancement during semiconductor fabrication. Its products include surface mount technology (SMT) electronic assembly alignment sensors, including LaserAlign sensor that is incorporated into component placement machines used in the SMT production lines; BoardAlign camera, which identifies fiducial markings on a circuit board and aligns the board in the component placement machine prior to component placement; and InPrinter inspection camera that identifies fiducial markings on a circuit board to ensure accurate board registration prior to placement of solder paste. The company also offers photovoltaic and fuel cell alignment sensors, such as solar wafer alignment cameras for alignment measurements; and embedded process verification inspection technology products and solder paste inspection sensors. In addition, it provides SMT stand-alone inspection system products, which include solder paste inspection and automated optical inspection products; and WaferSense sensors that provide measurements of critical factors in the semiconductor fabrication process, as well as wafer mapping and alignment sensors, frame grabber products, and machine vision subsystems. The company sells its products to the manufacturers of electronic circuit board assembly equipment, manufacturers of semiconductor DRAM memory, and semiconductor capital equipment manufacturers, as well as end-user electronic assembly manufacturers, including original design manufacturers and electronic manufacturing service providers. CyberOptics Corporation markets its products through independent representatives and distributors. The company was founded in 1984 and is headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
- [By John Emerson]I even recorded a tax loss carry-forward on my original purchase of CAMT for which I had paid $2.05 per share. It seems that I was a slow learner in regard to the necessity of selling AOI companies long before they entered a cyclical trough in their earnings. Happily, I have since remedied that problem. For informational purposes I must disclose that in the spring, I repurchased shares of CAMT and made a larger purchase in a Cyberoptics (CYBE) another AOI company, which was near a multiyear low at the time.