If the success of Obamacare’s health exchanges were measured in the number of fingers pointed over the past three weeks since it went live, then its success would be off the charts. Unfortunately, finger pointing doesn’t count, and aside from a scant group of 10 state-run exchanges that reported their early stage enrollment figures last week, it’s been like pulling teeth trying to get an update regarding enrollment figures at the federally run Healthcare.gov from the Department of Health and Human Services — until now.
According to an Associated Press report over the weekend, administration officials announced that a combined 476,000 people had submitted applications for health insurance on state and federal exchanges. This figure doesn’t give us any information as to whether people completed the application and obtained health insurance, but it’s a good starting point.
Top Oil Stocks For 2014: Spectrum Pharmaceuticals Inc.(SPPI)
Spectrum Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a commercial-stage biotechnology company, primarily focuses on oncology and hematology. The company engages in acquiring, developing, and commercializing a broad and diverse pipeline of late-stage clinical and commercial products. It markets Zevalin, a prescribed form of cancer therapy, radioimmunotherapy; and Fusilev, a novel folate analog formulation and the pharmacologically active isomer of the racemic compound, calcium leucovorin. The company?s drugs in late stage development include Apaziquone, an anti-cancer agent; and Belinostat, a histone deacytelase inhibitor. Its drugs in development also include Ozarelix a luteinizing hormone releasing hormone antagonist, which is in Phase II clinical stage; SPI-1620, a peptide agonist of endothelin B receptors, which is in Phase I clinical stage; and RenaZorb, a lanthanum-based nanoparticle phosphate binding agent, which is in preclinical stage. The company was formerly known as NeoTherapeutics, Inc. and changed its name to Spectrum Pharmaceuticals, Inc. in December 2002. Spectrum Pharmaceuticals, Inc. was founded in 1987 and is based in Henderson, Nevada.
- [By Jake L’Ecuyer]Spectrum Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ: SPPI) shares tumbled 9.77 percent to $8.18 after the company announced an offering of $100 million of convertible notes.
- [By James E. Brumley]Eight months ago, Spectrum Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NASDAQ:SPPI) was a train wreck. Shares had plunged from $12.43 to $7.79 on the heels of bad news, and SPPI wouldn’t stop bleeding until it hit a low of $6.92 a few days after the big selloff. That bad news? A warning that its full-year sales (and particularly sales of its cancer drug Fusilev) would be well short of expectations.
- [By Keith Speights]Another prime case study for this comes from Spectrum Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ: SPPI ) . Spectrum’s stock more than doubled from October 2011 through July 2012. However, shares plunged 55% from those highs because business dynamics changed since then. A shortage of a generic rival to Spectrum’s lead drug Fusilev was alleviated, resulting in sales slowing down considerably.Â
- [By Rich Smith]Spectrum Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ: SPPI ) has found itself a new Executive Vice President, a new Chief Financial Officer, and a new Principal AccountingÂ Officer. They’re all the same person.
Top Oil Stocks For 2014: Entropic Communications Inc.(ENTR)
Entropic Communications, Inc., a fabless semiconductor company, designs, develops, and markets systems solutions to enable connected home entertainment. Its products include integrated circuits and related software associated with home networking solutions based on the Multimedia over Coax Alliance standard; direct broadcast satellite (DBS) services; high-speed broadband access; and silicon tuners. The company?s products enable the delivery of various streams of high-definition television-quality video, standard-definition television-quality video, and other multimedia content, such as movies, music, games, and photos into and throughout the connected home. It serves telecommunications carriers, cable operators, and DBS service providers, as well as the providers of over-the-top services. Entropic Communications offers its products through its direct sales force, as well as through a network of sales representatives and distributors worldwide. The company was founded in 20 01 and is headquartered in San Diego, California.
- [By Evan Niu, CFA]What: Shares of Entropic (NASDAQ: ENTR ) got crushed today by as much as 16% after the company reported earnings.
So what: Revenue in the first quarter added up to $74.5 million, which translated into non-GAAP net income of $300,000. That rounds to $0.00 per share, which was in line with consensus forecasts. CEO Patrick Henry acknowledged that 2013 will be a transitional year for the company.
- [By Lauren Pollock]Entropic Communications Inc.(ENTR) said its board has authorized a $30 million share-repurchase program. The chip maker recently had a market capitalization of $394.1 million, according to FactSet.
Top Oil Stocks For 2014: Advantest Corp (ATE)
Advantest Corporation, incorporated in December 1954, is a part of Advantest group. The Company operates in three segments: semiconductor and component test system segment; mechatronics system segment, focusing on peripheral devices including test handlers and device interfaces, and services, support and others segment. The semiconductor and component test system segment provides customers with test system products for the semiconductor industry and the electronic component industry. The mechatronics system segment focuses on peripheral devices to the semiconductor and component test systems. The services, support and others segment consists of comprehensive customer solutions provided in connection with the semiconductor and component test system and mechatronics system segments, support services and an equipment lease business.
Semiconductor and Component Test Systems Segment
Semiconductor and component test systems are used during the semiconductor and electronic component manufacturing process to confirm that a semiconductor functions properly. Semiconductor and component test systems consist of test systems for memory semiconductors and test systems for non memory semiconductors. Advantestâ€™s test systems for memory semiconductors are test systems designed to test high-speed/high performance dynamic random access memory (DRAM) semiconductors used in equipment such as personal computers and servers, as well as flash memory semiconductors used in digital consumer products.
Test systems for memory semiconductors consist of a mainframe and one or more test heads. During testing, a device interface is attached to the test head. During the front-end testing process, wafers are loaded by a prober and are connected to the test system for memory semiconductors through the device interface. Electric signals between the die and the test systems for memory semiconductors are transmitted through probe pins located in the device interface and tested. After front-end testing is completed, the wafer is diced into separate dies and properly functioning dies are packaged. During back-end testing, test handlers are used to load these packaged devices onto the test heads, and electric signals are transmitted between the devices and the test heads via the device interface and tested. The test results are analyzed by the test systems for memory semiconductorsâ€™ hardware circuits and software programs. Customized software programs for each semiconductor are required to analyze the semiconductor tests and test data.
Advantestâ€™s main product lines of test systems for memory semiconductors are the T5500 series, the T5300 series and the T5700 series. The T5593 is a test system targeted at the market for high speed memory semiconductors, such as DDR2- Synchronous Dynamic Random Access Memory (SDRAM) and Synchronous Graphics Random Access Memory (SGRAM). The T5383 is a multi-functional test system for memory semiconductors that reduces testing costs for semiconductor manufacturers. Advantestâ€™s main line of test systems for non memory semiconductors relates to test systems for SoC semiconductors, test systems for liquid crystal display (LCD) driver integrated circuits and test systems for semiconductors used in car electronics. The T6577 test systems for SoC semiconductors in the T6500 series were primarily developed to test micro controller unit (MCU) and SoC semiconductors that control digital consumer products at the production lines. The T6300 series are test systems for LCD driver integrated circuits used with high-definition LCD displays. The T7721, T7722 and T7723 are test systems for non memory semiconductors for mixed signal integrated circuits. The T8571A is a test system for non memory semiconductors that is primarily used to evaluate and analyze CCDs which are image sensors.
Mechatronics System Segment
The Main products in the Mechatronics System Segment are test handlers which handle semiconductor devices and automate the testing, and device interfaces which are the interfaces with devices being tested. Test handlers are used with semiconductor and component test systems to handle, condition temperature, contact and sort semiconductors and other electronic components during the back-end testing of the semiconductor manufacturing process. Advantestâ€™s test handlers are sold primarily in conjunction with the sale of its semiconductor and component test systems. The M6242 test handler for test systems for memory semiconductors, including DDR-3SDRAM, can handle up to 512 semiconductors at a time. Advantestâ€™s test handlers for non memory semiconductors, including SoC semiconductors, are the M4841, the M4741A and the M4742A, among others.
Advantest develops and manufactures device interfaces for semiconductor and component test systems and supplies device interfaces, such as high performance and high density connectors, socket boards and sockets. For test systems for memory semiconductors, Advantest provides motherboards capable of handling a maximum of 512 semiconductors at a time. For test systems for non memory semiconductors, Advantest provides motherboards that are compatible with a maximum of 3,072 signals. Advantest also provides motherboards designed for use in front-end testing. Advantest provides custom manufacturing of socket boards and performance boards for each device under test in accordance with customersâ€™ specifications.
Advantest provides sockets for test systems for memory semiconductors. Advantest provides low-inductance (0.4nH) sockets and fine pitch (0.4mm) sockets for semiconductors that are becoming more high-speed and more compact in size. Advantest provides carrying and contacting mechanism components compatible with each device under test for test handlers for memory semiconductors and test handlers for non memory semiconductors.
Services, Support and Others Segment
In the services, support and others segment, Advantest has focused on maintenance services, such as installation and repair of Advantestâ€™s products. It also focused on lease and rental services of its products as a part of Advantestâ€™s effort to provide customers with comprehensive solutions.
The Company competes with Teradyne, Inc., Verigy Ltd., LTX-Credence Corporation, Yokogawa Electronic Corporation, FROM30 CO., LTD., EXICON Ltd., UniTest Inc., Delta Design, Inc., Seiko Epson Corporation, Mirae Corporation, TechWing, Inc., TSE Co., Ltd. and Secron Co., Ltd.
- [By Dan Carroll]Nissan’s done better this year than electronics maker Advantest (NYSE: ATE ) , but this stock absolutely blew up over the past week. Advantest’s shares shot higher by more than 9%, wiping out pessimism over the company’s weak earnings released a few weeks ago. Advantest’s net loss and operating profit both fell below its guidance, and despite this week’s investor optimism, the future’s murky for this company. Financial site TheStreet downgraded the stock last week, citing Advantest’s falling earnings, among other issues.
Top Oil Stocks For 2014: Manhattan Bridge Capital Inc (LOAN)
Manhattan Bridge Capital, Inc. offers short-term, secured, non?banking loans to real estate investors to fund the acquisition and construction of properties located in New York Metropolitan area. Its loans are principally secured by collateral consisting of real estate and accompanied by personal guarantees from the principals of the businesses. The company offers its loan products primarily through the company?s officers and independent loan brokers. Manhattan Bridge Capital, Inc. was founded in 1989 and is headquartered in New York, New York.
- [By Marc Bastow]The biggest increase among our dividend stocks this week was from short-term secured non-banking real estate lender Manhattan Bridge Capital (LOAN) which raised its quarterly dividend 100% to 2 cents per share, payable on Aug. 20 to shareholders of record as of Aug. 15.
LOAN Dividend Yield: 0.4%
Top Oil Stocks For 2014: Ameresco Inc (AMRC)
Ameresco, Inc. incorporated in April 2000, is a provider of energy efficiency solutions for facilities throughout North America. The Companyâ€™s services include upgrades to a facility’s energy infrastructure and the construction and operation of small-scale renewable energy plants. Its principal service is the development, design, engineering and installation of projects that reduce the energy and operations and maintenance (O&M) costs of its customers’ facilities. These projects include a variety of measures customized for the facility and designed to improve the efficiency of major building systems, such as heating, ventilation, air conditioning and lighting systems. It also serves certain customers by developing and building small-scale renewable energy plants located at or close to a customer’s site. Ameresco, Inc. provides its services primarily to governmental, educational, utility, healthcare and other institutional, commercial and industrial entities. The Company operates in four segments: U.S. federal, central U.S. region, other U.S. regions and Canada. In August 2011, the Company acquired APS Energy Services Company, Inc. from Pinnacle West Capital Corporation. In December 2011, it acquired the xChange Point and energy projects businesses, including automated demand response, of Energy and Power Solutions, Inc. In August 2012, the Company acquired FAME Facility Software Solutions Inc. In February 2013, it purchased all of the assets of Ennovate Corporation. In June 2013, Ameresco Inc acquired ESP, an energy management consulting company consisting of the Energy Services Partnership and ESP Response, located in Castleford, United Kingdom.
Ameresco, Inc. offers a set of services that includes the design and installation of upgrades to a facilityâ€™s energy infrastructure, the design and construction of renewable energy plants, the sale of other renewable energy products and the arranging of financing for customer projects. In September 2010, the Company acquired Quantum Engineering and Development, Inc. In July 2011, the Company acquired Applied Energy Group.
Energy Efficiency Services
The Companyâ€™s services includes the design, engineering and installation of, and the arranging of financing for, equipment to improve the efficiency, and control the operation, of a buildingâ€™s heating, ventilation, cooling and lighting systems. In certain projects, it also designs and constructs a central plant or cogeneration system providing power, heat and/or cooling to a building. Its projects generally range in size and scope from a one-month project to design and retrofit a lighting system to a more complex 30-month project to design and install a central plant or cogeneration system.
Renewable Energy Projects and Products
The Companyâ€™s services offering includes the development, construction and operation of, and the arrangement of financing for, small-scale renewable energy plants, as well as the sale and integration of solar energy products and systems. It has constructed and is designing and constructing a range of renewable energy plants using landfill gas (LFG), wastewater treatment biogas, solar, wind, biomass, food waste, animal waste and hydro sources of energy. As part of its renewable energy offering, it also distributes and integrates solar energy products manufactured by several vendors. Ameresco, Inc. is a distributor of photovoltaic (PV) panels, solar regulators, solar charge controllers, inverters, solar powered lighting systems, solar powered water pumps, solar panel mounting hardware and other system components. It also integrates its PV products and system components into solar solutions designed specifically for customers. It provides solar energy solutions for both on- grid applications where the solar power is used in a building connected to a utility distribution system, and for off-grid applications where the power is used directly in the device using the electricity, such as traffic signs.
Ameresco, Inc. also designs and constructs renewable energy plants based on wind power. In many parts of the country, available wind resources, utility net metering and local incentives can make on-site wind generation a viable solution for meeting a portion of customers’ energy needs. As of December 31, 2010, the Company had completed two projects that included a wind turbine. In addition, it has constructed and was constructing, small-scale renewable energy plants based on biomass.
As of December 31, 2010, Ameresco, Inc. had constructed more than 28 renewable energy projects, and owned and operated 22 small-scale renewable energy plants. Of the owned plants, 19 are renewable LFG plants, two are waste water biogas plants and one is a solar PV installation. These 22 small-scale renewable energy plants have the capacity to generate electricity or deliver LFG producing an aggregate of 106 megawatts (MW) or megawatt-equivalents (MWE). As of December 31, 2010, the Company had signed contracts for the construction, operation and ownership of an additional six LFG plants, two biomass power and cogeneration plants and five biomass boiler projects.
The Company competes with Chevron Energy Solutions, Constellation Energy, Honeywell, Johnson Controls, Siemens Building Technologies and TAC Energy Solutions.
- [By Sara Murphy]Ameresco (NYSE: AMRC ) is one of the few large, independent energy efficiency service providers. The company’s principal service is the development, design, engineering and installation of projects that reduce the energy and operations and maintenance costs of its customers’ facilities. Ameresco has seen declining revenues recently because of unusually long lag times in getting its projects funded, but this seems a temporary setback.
- [By Brian Pacampara]Based on the aggregated intelligence of 180,000-plus investors participating in Motley Fool CAPS, the Fool’s free investing community, energy efficiency technologist Ameresco (NYSE: AMRC ) has earned a coveted five-star ranking.
Top Oil Stocks For 2014: E2open Inc (EOPN)
E2open, Inc., incorporated in September 2003, is a provider of cloud-based, on-demand software solutions. The Companyâ€™s software applications allow network participants to input, access and share data and execute business processes across internal operating units and external entities. Its E2open Business Network supports operational business processes of its customers and their trading partners, including supply chain management, procurement, sales and finance functions. The E2open Business Network enables integrated planning and execution across trading partner networks. The Company offers on-demand software solutions, which enable its customers to have constant access to its solutions.
The Company houses the hardware and software in third-party facilities, and provides its customers with access to the software applications, along with data security and storage, backup, and recovery services. It invoices its customers for subscription and support in advance for annual use of its software solutions. The Companyâ€™s professional services revenue is primarily derived from fees for enabling services, such as solution consulting, solution deployment, B2B on-boarding and solution support that help its customers deploy, manage and support our solutions. These services are sold in conjunction with the sale of its on-demand software solutions or on a standalone basis. It provides professional services both on a fixed fee and a time and materials basis, and invoices its customers in advance, monthly, or upon reaching project milestones.
The Company competes with Infor, Oracle, SAP, GXS Corporation, IBM/Sterling Commerce, SPS Commerce and JDA Software Group, Inc.
- [By Evan Niu, CFA]What: Shares of E2open (NASDAQ: EOPN ) have plunged today by as much as 28% after the company reported fourth-quarter results.
So what: Non-GAAP revenue in the fourth quarter totaled $18.1 million, shy of the $19.7 million in adjusted sales that investors were expecting. The bottom line also registered a miss, with the adjusted loss of $0.06 coming in below the consensus estimate of a $0.05 per share non-GAAP net loss. CEO Mark Woodward’s comments about the company adding a record number of new customers in the quarter didn’t make investors feel any better.
- [By Monica Gerson]E2open (NASDAQ: EOPN) is projected to post a Q2 loss at $0.15 per share on revenue of $17.23 million.
Bank of the Ozarks (NASDAQ: OZRK) is expected to post its Q3 earnings at $0.60 per share on revenue of $69.57 million.
- [By The GeoTeam]Our recent 2013 articles on SaaS companies Selectica (SLTC), E2open (EOPN), Responsys (MKTG), Vocus (VOCS), and ExactTarget (ET) highlighted such opportunities. The average return since the inception of our coverage currently stands at around 34% (55% at their highs).
Top Oil Stocks For 2014: Travelzoo Inc(TZOO)
Travelzoo Inc., an Internet media company, together with its subsidiaries, publishes travel and entertainment deals from travel and entertainment companies, and local businesses in North America and Europe. Its publications and products include the Travelzoo Websites, such as travelzoo.com, travelzoo.ca, travelzoo.co.uk, travelzoo.de, www.travelzoo.es, and travelzoo.fr; the Travelzoo Top 20 e-mail newsletter; and the Newsflash e-mail alert service. The company also operates SuperSearch, a pay-per-click travel search tool; Travelzoo Network, a network of third-party Websites that list deals published by Travelzoo; and Fly.com, a travel search engine that allows users to find the best prices on flights from various airlines and online travel agencies. In addition, it provides Local Deals and Getaways services that allow its subscribers to purchase vouchers for deals from local businesses, such as spas, hotels, and restaurants through the Travelzoo Website. As of December 31, 2011, the company?s advertiser base included approximately 2,000 travel companies, entertainment companies, and local businesses, including airlines, hotels, cruise lines, vacations packagers, tour operators, destinations, car rental companies, travel agents, theater and performing arts groups, restaurants, spas, and activity companies. Travelzoo Inc. was founded in 1998 and is headquartered in New York, New York.
- [By Tom Taulli]Valuation: Even with after the Expedia stock sell-off, shares of EXPE remain far from cheap. EXPE stock is trading for a trailing P/E of 46 vs. 33 for Priceline and 23 for Travelzoo (TZOO).Â And considering the recent volatility, investors are certainly jittery about EXPE stock. As a result, another earnings disappointment could have a severe impact.
- [By Rich Smith]If you are a Travelzoo (NASDAQ: TZOO ) shareholder but own fewer than 25 shares, management would really appreciate it if you would just go away.
Top Oil Stocks For 2014: Knight Transportation Inc (KNX)
Knight Transportation, Inc. (Knight), incorporated on August 31, 1989, is a provider of multiple truckload transportation services, which generally involve the movement of full trailer or container loads of freight from origin to destination for a single customer. The Company is a provider of multiple truckload transportation services with a nationwide network of service centers through which it operates one of the tractor fleets. In addition to its own fleet, the Company also partners with third-party equipment providers to provide truckload capacity and a broad range of solutions to truckload shippers. The Company has five operating segments comprised of three asset-based operating segments: dry van truckload, temperature-controlled truckload and port services and two non-asset-based operating segments brokerage and intermodal services. Through its asset-based and non-asset-based capabilities the Company is able to transport, or can arrange for the transportation of, general commodities for customers throughout the United States and parts of Canada and Mexico.
The Company’s asset-based businesses generally include dry van truckload, refrigerated truckload, dedicated truckload, and drayage services. Its non-asset-based services generally include rail intermodal and truckload brokerage services. However, within its asset-based services, the use of independent contractors to provide tractors lowers the capital investment in its dry van and refrigerated operations. In addition, drayage operations generally involve less expensive tractors with longer lives and do not require a investment in trailering equipment. As of December 31, 2012, it operated 3,627 company-owned tractors with an average age of 1.9 years. It also had under contract 507 tractors owned and operated by independent contractors. Its trailer fleet consisted of 9,564 53-foot long trailers with an average age of 5.5 years and includes 1,092 temperature-controlled trailers.
- [By Victor Nguyen]A report released Thursday morning, Citigroup analyst Christian Wetherbee upgrades Knight Transportation (NYSE: KNX) to BUY from NEUTRAL, increasing price target from $17 to $22.
- [By Sean Williams]Swift Transportation (NYSE: SWFT ) , for example, delivered a 4% increase in revenue this past quarter in spite of having fewer trucks in service. The company was able to realize better utilization of its existing fleet and actually saw fuel prices fall from the previous year. The results were even more robust for Knight Transportation (NYSE: KNX ) , whose shareholders saw revenue rise by 7% as the company grew from the year-ago quarter for the 14th straight time and delivered growth from each of its business segments.
- [By Seth Jayson]Calling all cash flows
When you are trying to buy the market’s best stocks, it’s worth checking up on your companies’ free cash flow once a quarter or so, to see whether it bears any relationship to the net income in the headlines. That’s what we do with this series. Today, we’re checking in on Knight Transportation (NYSE: KNX ) , whose recent revenue and earnings are plotted below.
Top Oil Stocks For 2014: American Strategic Income Portfolio Inc (ASP)
American Strategic Income Portfolio Inc. (the Fund) is a diversified closed-end management investment company. The Fund’s primary investment objective is to provide a high level of current income. Its secondary investment objective is capital appreciation. The Fund invests in mortgage-related assets that directly or indirectly represent a participation in or are secured by and payable from mortgage loans. American Strategic Income Portfolio Inc. may also invest in the United States Government securities, corporate debt securities, preferred stock issued by real estate investment trusts and mortgage servicing rights.
The Fund’s portfolio includes the United States Government Agency mortgage-backed securities, commercial loans, multi-family loans, preferred stocks, corporate notes, short-term securities and single-family loans. The Fund’s investment advisor is FAF Advisors, Inc., a subsidiary of U.S. Bank National Association.
- [By Nicolas73]We can go through a long list of complicated reasoning, but the reason is very simple: Seagate increased its gross margin by around 50% (31.6% vs. 19.5%). This was accomplished thanks to the increased average selling price (ASP) of the hard disk drives.
Top Oil Stocks For 2014: Vornado Realty Trust(VNO)
Vornado Realty Trust is a privately owned real estate investment trust. The trust engages in investment, ownership, and management of commercial real estate. It invests in the real estate markets of United States. The trust primarily invests in office, industrial and retail properties. Vornado Realty Trust is based in New York, New York.
- [By Robert Hsu]
Name Type of SecurityÂ RecommendationÂ Kinder Morgan Energy Partners L.P. (NYSE: KMP) Â MLP August 15, 2013Â TeeKay LNG Partners L.P.Â (NYSE: TGP) Â MLP September 16, 2013Â PowerShares S&P 500 BuyWrite Portfol ETFÂ (NYSE Arca: PBP)Â Buy-Write ETF September 30, 2013Â Madison Covered Call Equity Strtgy Fd (NYSE: MCN)Â Buy-Write ETF September 30, 2013Â Nuveen Equity Premium Opportunity Fund (NYSE: JSN)Â Buy-Write ETF September 30, 2013Â BlackRockEnhanced Dividend Achievers Tr (NYSE: BDJ)Â Buy-Write ETF September 30, 2013Â Vornado Realty Trust Â (NYSE: VNO)Â Real Estate
Trust September 26, 2013Â
Robert Hsu is the editor of Permanent Wealth Investor and a former hedge fund portfolio manager at Wall Street powerhouse Goldman Sachs. He retired from Goldman at age 31. He since has come out of retirement to establish and preside over his money management firm, Absolute Return Capital Advisors. His retirement experience has given him his current mission: helping investors like you achieve their goal of comfortable retirement through profitable income strategies.
- [By Dividend King]Earnings per share (TTM) came in at $3.48, compared to -$0.33, $1.46, and $4.17 for competitors General Growth Properties Inc. (GGP), Macerich Co. (MAC) and Vornado Realty Trust (VNO), respectively.
Top Oil Stocks For 2014: The Dixie Group Inc.(DXYN)
The Dixie Group, Inc. engages in the manufacture, marketing, and sale of carpets and rugs to residential and commercial customers primarily in the United States. It also offers broadloom and modular carpets for the specified commercial marketplace. The company sells its products under the Fabrica International, Masland Carpets, and the Dixie Home brands. It also processes yarns, and provides carpet dyeing and finishing services to other carpet manufacturers. The company primarily serves interior decorators and designers, selected retailers and furniture stores, luxury home builders, and manufacturers of luxury motor coaches and yachts. The Dixie Group, Inc. was founded in 1920 and is based in Chattanooga, Tennessee.
- [By Roberto Pedone]Dixie Group (DXYN) markets, manufactures and sells carpet and rugs to high-end residential and commercial customers through its various sales forces and brands. This stock closed up 10.9% at $11.48 in Thursday’s trading session.
Thursday’s Volume: 218,000
Three-Month Average Volume: 82,425
Volume % Change: 198%
From a technical perspective, DXYN ripped sharply higher here right above some near-term support around $10 with strong upside volume. This stock has been trending sideways inside of a consolidation pattern for the last month, with shares trending between $10 on the downside and $12.05 on the upside. This consolidation pattern is occurring after a strong uptrend for shares of DXYN, which took the stock from $4.99 in March to $10 in August. This spike is now starting to push shares of DXYN within range of triggering a big breakout trade. That trade will hit if DXYN manages to take out Thursday’s intraday high at $11.99 and then once it clears its 52-week high at $12.05 with high volume.
Traders should now look for long-biased trades in DXYN as long as it’s trending above $11 or Thursday’s low of $10.43, and then once it sustains a move or close above those breakout levels with volume that hits near or above 82,425 shares. If that breakout triggers soon, then DXYN will set up to enter new 52-week-high territory, which is bullish technical price action. Some possible upside targets off that breakout are $15 to $16.
- [By David Goodboy]The company I discovered astounded me: It’s up more than 220% in the past year, and shares are trading for around $11. It is high-end carpet maker The Dixie Group (Nasdaq: DXYN). Founded in 1919, this carpet manufacturer and marketing company has a market cap of about $143 million and annual revenue of just over $296 million. It sells carpets with the Fabrica International, Masland Residential and Dixie Home brands.
Top Oil Stocks For 2014: Buckeye Partners L.P. (BPL)
Buckeye Partners, L.P. owns and operates refined petroleum products pipeline systems in the United States. Its Pipelines & Terminals segment transports refined petroleum products; and provides bulk storage and terminal throughput services in the continental United States. This segment owns and operates approximately 6,000 miles of pipeline serving approximately 110 delivery locations; and has 100 active products terminals with aggregate storage capacity of approximately 40 million barrels. The company’s International Operations segment provides marine terminal throughput, marine bulk storage, and other related services. This segment operates through two petroleum product terminals located on Grand Bahama Island, in The Bahamas and in Puerto Rico with an aggregate storage capacity of approximately 30 million barrels. Its Natural Gas Storage segment provides natural gas storage services through a facility with approximately 30 billion cubic feet of working natural gas storage capacity located in Northern California. The company’s Energy Services segment engages in the wholesale distribution of refined petroleum products, including gasoline; propane; ethanol; biodiesel; and petroleum distillates, such as heating oil, diesel fuel, and kerosene to wholesalers and commercial users. Its Development and Logistics segment provides contract operations, construction management, and asset development services to third-party pipeline and energy assets, and energy companies in the United States. This segment owns and operates 2 underground propane storage caverns with approximately 800,000 barrels of throughput and storage capability in Indiana and Illinois; and a 30-mile ammonia pipeline and 25 miles of pipeline in Texas. Buckeye GP LLC serves as the general partner of the company. Buckeye Partners, L.P. was founded in 1886 and is headquartered in Houston, Texas.
- [By Richard Band]After a disappointing 2012, Buckeye Partners (BPL) seems to be regaining its stride. On October 9, Buckeye announced it had signed a pact to buy 20 petroleum storage terminals, mostly on the East Coast, from Hess Corp. for $850 million. I expect this deal to give a noticeable lift to BPLâ€™s cash flow in 2014, enabling the partnership to pick up the pace of its quarterly distributions. Current yield: 6.4%. Look for the cash payout to grow 4%â€“5% a year over the long run, slightly below the industry average (because Buckeyeâ€™s pipelines mainly transport refined products like gasoline and jet fuel, as opposed to crude oil direct from the fields). Nearly all of BPLâ€™s debt carries a fixed rateâ€”a helpful â€œinsurance policyâ€ if interest rates go up.
- [By Paul Ausick]This deal follows three midstream transactions already this month. Regency Energy Partners LP (NYSE: RGP) will acquire PVR Partners LP (NYSE: PVR) for $5.6 billion, Crestwood Midstream LP (NASDAQ: CMLP) will acquire Arrow Midstream LLC for $750 million, and Buckeye Partners LP (NYSE: BPL) will pay $650 million to Hess Corp. (NYSE: HES) for 20 petroleum products terminals along the East Coast.
- [By Matt DiLallo]Buckeye Partners (NYSE: BPL )
Earlier this month I participated in a Motley Fool roundtable discussion and made Buckeye my top pick. Needless to say, my reputation is at risk if Buckeye turns out to be a quick bust. While a poor earnings report could make that happen, that’s not what has my attention.
- [By Matt DiLallo]Petroleum products logistics provider Buckeye Partners (NYSE: BPL ) is out with its first-quarter earnings. It was a very solid quarter for the MLP with steady performance across its business segments. Let’s take a closer look at how the company performed in three areas that I previewed as being the most important to watch.
Top Oil Stocks For 2014: Glacier Bancorp Inc. (GBCI)
Glacier Bancorp, Inc., a multi-bank holding company, provides commercial banking services in Montana, Idaho, Wyoming, Colorado, Utah, and Washington. It offers transaction and savings deposits; real estate, commercial, agriculture, and consumer loans; mortgage origination services; and retail brokerage services to individuals, small to medium-sized businesses, community organizations, and public entities. The companyÂ’s deposit products include non-interest bearing demand accounts, interest bearing checking accounts, regular statement savings accounts, money market deposit accounts, fixed rate certificates of deposit, negotiated-rate jumbo certificates, individual retirement accounts, and reciprocal deposits. Its loan products comprise construction and permanent loans on residential real estate; consumer land and lot acquisition loans; unimproved land and land development loans; residential builder guidance lines comprising pre-sold and spec-home construction, and lot acqu isition loans; commercial real estate loans to purchase, construct, and finance commercial real estate properties; commercial and industrial loans; consumer loans secured by real estate, automobiles, and other assets; second mortgage and home equity loans; and agriculture loans. The company operates 106 locations, including 97 branches. Glacier Bancorp, Inc. was founded in 1955 and is headquartered in Kalispell, Montana.
- [By Eric Volkman]Glacier Bancorp (NASDAQ: GBCI ) is reaching into its vault for more cash to return to shareholders. The company this week declared its latest dividend, which is to be $0.15 per share paid on July 18 to shareholders of record as of July 9.